https://akhomepack.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/scallop-risotto-.png 1080 1080 Shop Manager https://akhomepack.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/logo_big-300x110.png Shop Manager2020-07-21 18:56:372020-07-21 18:56:37Wild Alaskan Seared Scallops with Simple Risotto
Seared Scallops and Risotto might sound intimidating but with some time and practice this dish will become a crowd favorite!
- 1 ½ cup arborio rice
- 4 cups seafood or chicken stock
- ½ cups dry vermouth
- 1 medium shallot
- ½ cup onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup of celery
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil and some of the butter in a tall sided sauté pan.
- Once warm, add the shallot, onion, and celery.
- Once they are all translucent add the rice and fully coat the rice in the butter mixture. Do not let the mixture turn brown.
- Add the wine and cook until the liquid is fully absorbed. Ladle in a little bit of stock while stirring.
- Once the liquid is fully absorbed, slowly keep adding more stock until all the stock is fully absorbed by the rice. This process should take 20-30 minutes and keep going until the grains are tender but firm to the bite.
- Turn the heat down and add the rest of the butter, parmesan, and fresh herbs. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pat scallops dry and add salt and pepper. Get a pan very hot and sear on both sides for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Plate the risotto and with scallops and fresh herbs on top.