https://akhomepack.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/OldBay-Salmon-.png 2160 2160 Shop Manager /wp-content/uploads/2016/04/logo_big-300x110.png Shop Manager2020-07-14 21:23:452020-07-14 21:32:55Wild Alaskan Seared Salmon
The classic of fisherman everywhere. No frills, no extra work, just pure flavor
- Cast iron pan
- Lid to cover the pan or baking sheet
- Old bay
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 Lemon
- 1 lb Wild Alaskan Salmon
- Simon & Garfunkel Herbs (parsley, sage, rosemary, and Thyme)
- Take your salmon out of the plastic bag and pat it dry. Put it on a plate and coat it in Old Bay on all sides.
- Leave it out of the fridge while you preheat your cast iron. Once your cast iron is hot, take a big scoop of butter and put it in the hot pan. Whisk the butter so it melts and browns a little. Add the bouquet of S&G herbs to the butter.
- Once the butter starts to foam turn the heat down a little and add the salmon skin-side down.
- With a spoon baste the salmon with the butter. Once the bottom of the fish is starting to look cooked flip the fish over and baste the other side. Baste on each side for about 1-2 minutes.
- Flip the fish over again and squeeze a whole lemon into the cast iron and cover quickly with a pot lid or baking sheet.
- Reduce the heat and let the fish steam until it is cooked.
- Plate with vegetables and enjoy