Greek Stuffed Wild Alaskan Salmon with Tzatziki Sauce
Salmon is a great fish rich in omega-3 and has a clean distinct flavor of its’ own. Greek food is flavorful with diverse components. Put the two together and you have a great flavor marriage for your taste buds. It is so light refreshing with Greek vegetables stuffed in between.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber (I used half of English cucumber) seeded and chopped
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 1/4 lemon juiced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 TBS fresh dill chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup red onion sliced and quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup feta cheese + more to garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 4-6 (4-6 oz) portions coho salmon
- Start with the Tzatziki sauce in order for the ingredients to meld together.
- Starting with the cucumber, slice it down the middle and seed it by scooping them out with a spoon.
- I like to use the English cucumber since the skin is not as tough as the regular. Either kind can be used. You only need to chop half of the English cucumber and then all of the regular cucumber.
- Add the rest of the ingredients together…..
- Mix well and set aside.
- For the stuffed salmon you first need to slice the thickness of the salmon in half…..
- But not all the way so you can open it up like a book.
- In a sauté pan on medium heat, add the olive oil and spinach
- The mushrooms and start to sauté for three minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables (setting aside one clove garlic) and sauté until soft. Add the cheese, take off of the heat, and mix well.
- Grease a baking dish and gather the sautéd vegetables and cut salmon.
- Divide the vegetables so that it is stuffed evenly between the salmon portions.
- Salt, pepper, and garlic the tops of the salmon.
- Place in the middle of preheated oven at 375 degrees and bake for 15 -25 minutes depending on the thickness. These that I have here took about 15 minutes because they were so thin.
- Sprinkle with fresh lemon juice on top and serve with the tzatziki sauce.
- Every bite comes with the goodness of the vegetables and the richness of the salmon.
You really can’t go wrong with these.