Poached Crab and Herby Turnip Risotto with Chili Oil Drizzle
Stumped on what to make for dinner? Allow us to suggest a Poached Crab and Herby Turnip Risotto. It's easy, ultra flavorful, and just a little spicy from that chili oil drizzle.
- ½ cup arborio rice
- 4 cups broth of your choice
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2 turnips, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh seasonal herbs
- Drizzle of Fly By Jing Tribute Pepper chili oil
- Kaneso Bonito Flakes, if desired
- 1 portion Tanner Crab Legs from Alaska Home Pack
- It’s easiest to complete the recipe in two parts–start with the risotto. Sauté onions and turnips in plenty of butter.
- Stir in arborio rice, coating in butter. Ladle in broth slowly, stirring constantly.
- When risotto is creamy and soft, stir in a generous amount of butter and seasonal herbs.
- Poach the crab by boiling it for 5 minutes, then quickly transferring to an ice water bath. Drain.
- Plate by spooning risotto into a wide bowl, sprinkle bonito flake on top if using, top with poached crab, and drizzling chili oil to taste. Enjoy!