Seared Black Cod and Cabbage with Pickled Mushrooms and Horseradish
Need a fresh recipe for your Alaska Home Pack salmon filets? We humbly suggest this incredible Mediterranean Salmon and Couscous. Pro tip: make extra sauce. Just trust us.
- 1 wedge of cabbage
- Neutral cooking oil
- 2 tbs butter
- Soy-pickled Shimeji mushrooms, to garnish
- 1 tsp of Famous Broadway Market Horseradish
- 1 Black Cod filet from Alaska Home Pack
- Start by searing your cod filet, skin-side down. The skin on Black Cod is quite thick, so it will take some extra time to get a good sear!
- Sear a wedge of cabbage in the same pan.
- Add butter to the pan. This is going to help brown the skin of the fish and the cabbage!
- Remove the cabbage once the sides become brown and crispy. Flip the fish and baste it with the remaining butter in the pan.
- Plate the Black Cod filet and the cabbage before topping with soy-pickled Shimeji mushrooms and horseradish. Enjoy.