Wild Alaskan White Fish Ceviche
This recipe can be done with any type of raw fish or scallops. Rockfish and halibut are the team favorites to be used for ceviche. It is light and refreshing and can be served with tortilla chips or on top of a tostada.
- 1 lb halibut burger or diced Rockfish
- 3+ cups Lime juice
- 1 Large Red Onion
- 3 Medium Tomatoes
- 2 Medium Habaneros
- 1 bunch of Cilantro
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- ¼ cup Orange juice
- Salt to taste
- In a medium bowl add the halibut burger, diced onion, and enough lime juice to cover all the fish. You want enough lime juice to allow the fish to float in the liquid. Fresh lime juice is the best.
- Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for about 4 hours or until the fish flakes apart like “traditional cooked” fish.
- Dice up the tomatoes, habanero and cilantro and place into a separate bowl with the olive oil.
- Once the fish is “cooked” drain it from the lime juice and add the fish to the bowl with the tomatoes and other ingredients.
- Add the orange juice and avocado bits.
- Season with salt and lime to your liking
- Serve cold