Seared Scallops with Bacon & Corn Risotto
Take advantage of corn season and create a truly stellar risotto.
- ½ pound thick-cut bacon, sliced into 1-in. chunks
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- ½ bunch of green onions, sliced thin
- 2 green tomatillos, sliced
- 2 serrano peppers, sliced
- 2 ears of sweet corn, kernels only
- ½ cup arborio rice
- 4 cups fish stock
- 8 Weathervane scallops from Alaska Home Pack
- Start by pan-frying bacon, reserving the fat when finished.
- Sauté green onions, serrano pepper, and shallot in leftover bacon fat until softened. While they are cooking, puree corn in a blender until smooth.
- Add arborio rice to the pot with green onions, peppers, and shallot. Make sure each grain is coated in fat. Next, stir in fish stock slowly. Simmer until risotto thickens up.
- Pour corn puree into the pot with risotto and stir.
- In a separate pan, sear tomatillos until lightly browned. Set aside.
- In a neutral cooking oil, sear scallops very well on one side on high heat. Flip and lightly brown on the other side.
- Plate risotto with scallops, bacon, and tomatillos as garnish. Enjoy!